Owning a large commercial property mean managing a large space and inventory. Do you ever wonder how you can create a more energy efficient property to reduce bills and increase profits? Look no further. Today, we are discussing 5 tips to reduce your commercial property energy use!
1. Utilize Natural LightThis may seem simple, but why not utilize free light from the sun to help cut down on lighting costs? By putting in skylights or large windows in your building, not only can you cut down on the number of lights you need, but the natural sunlight can organically heat your space!
2. Plant TreesYou may be wondering what trees have to do with energy efficiency. Planting trees on your property create more shaded areas, helping keep your building cool during the summer time. Investing in shades for larger windows can also be a big help during the summer, so your building’s cooling system isn’t working overtime against the sun’s heat.
3. Install LED TechnologyThe next obvious step to reduce energy usage in a commercial property is LEDs! Installing LEDs is the quickest, easiest way to reduce your energy bill without any major construction overhaul. Sitler’s works with many commercial properties, installing lights after hours and on weekends, as to not interfere with regular work. This way, you work won’t lose work productivity while gaining brighter, more efficient lighting.
4. Use Occupancy SensorsA great addition to installing LEDs is installing LED occupancy sensors. In large warehouses or back rooms that don’t need constant light, occupancy sensors can save you more money on top of the LED savings. Now, your lights only power on when they are needed!
5. Switch to SolarThe last big step you can take to reduce overall energy usage is by installing solar panels. In the past, we have talked about the importance of installing LED lighting prior to solar panels, as this saves you money in the long run. By installing LEDs first, you reduce your overall energy output. When it comes time to install solar panels, you will end up needing less solar panels to power your commercial property, thanks to LEDs lowering your energy usage!
Take Steps to Become Energy Efficient with Sitler’s!Make the switch to LEDs today to create a more energy efficient commercial property. We will work with you and your team to install lights quickly, efficiently and when it works with your schedule. Give us a call today at (319) 653-2123 or request a quote to get started!
Posted in LED Lighting for Businesses
Tagged commercial property, LEDs, LEDs and energy usage, lowering energy bill, reduce energy usage, save money