When we say the word “lightbulb,” you may think of the lights above your vanity, lights in your home, and the flickering fluorescent lights in your office building. Yet we rely heavily on outdoor lighting to brighten our streets and sidewalks, illuminate our path from the driveway to the door or as a motion sensor security light to keep us safe at night. Outdoor lighting is crucial to safety, whether you are on the road driving late or walking home after dark. More often than not, these outdoor lights are dull, yellow, and even noisy with their constant humming. There’s a better way to light up the night and that’s with outdoor LED lights.
Why LEDs Work Well Outside
LEDs are the best choice for outdoor lighting for many reasons. Outdoor LED lighting benefits include:
- Brighter light: LEDs are a brighter white than traditional halide street lamps, helping better illuminate streets, sidewalks and parking lots.
- Longer life: LEDs, depending on their usage, can last up to 50,000 hours. That’s early 25 years! This means less burnt out street lights!
- Energy savings: LEDs offer more lumens per watt, meaning they shine brighter than halide or incandescent lights while using significantly less energy!
- Instant on: Traditional lighting takes time and heat to warm up and turn on. This can prove difficult when used in cold, outdoor lighting environments. As LED lights need little heat to operate, they are always instant-on, even in below freezing weather!
- Durability: Unlike other outdoor lighting, LEDs are manufactured with durable materials such as plastic, not glass. They can handle harsh weather condition much better than traditional bulbs.
- Flexibility: You can find outdoor LED lighting in various forms; street lighting, wall mounted fixtures, motion sensor security lights and much more!
In the near future, it is likely we will see more and more cities using outdoor LED lighting for streetlights and security lights. While still more expensive than the traditional outdoor lighting options, LEDs energy savings will help pay for the lights over time, usually three to five years, as well increase safety. Cities such as Los Angeles, Detroit, Edmonton (Canada), San Jose and many more are converting to LED street lights to improve safety and save money!
Find Outdoor LED Lighting with Sitler’s!
Find outdoor LED lighting for your street lights, security lights and parking or car lot lights with Sitler’s LED Supplies! Give us a call at (319)-519-0039 or send us an email to get started!
Posted in LED Outdoor Lighting